Saturday, April 25, 2009

Super Saturday





WEDDINGS, PROM, AND MORE PROM!

Today work was crazy. I LOVE doing hair for special events. You get to be super creative, and people feel really beautiful getting all dressed up! I have got to meet a lot of the high school girls from church lately, and they have wanted me to do their hair for prom. They are super cute. They are totally open to let me do whatever, and I love that! It makes my job really fun...
Here is the picture one of them showed me...

I also got the pleasure of doing my favorite client today... NOT! He is an older guy that really makes me uneasy feeling. I wish I could tell him not to come back anymore, but he really hasn't done anything to warrant that. It's just that I don't get a good feeling from him. STRANGE. I just try to treat him as if it were any other client. Last time I had Nick come up to the the salon during his appt, but he still came back!

One of my friends I grew up with, was in her little sisters wedding tonight.  I go to do a few of the bridesmaid do's. They had great hair so that was easy. They looked STUNNING.

After work Nick and I got to meet my uncle for Dinner at a fabulous Cajun restaurant.  Nick loves that kind of food. He played college ball with a guy from Louisiana who's mom would make gumbo, freeze it, and ship it to them. Then he played pro ball in Mississippi, so he is a huge fan.  The guy who owns the restaurant came to Lubbock when Katrina hit, and never went back. It is a great little place downtown topped off with live Jazz on the weekends and all. I don't even know how to explain what Nick got... a stuffed chicken with cream sauce. I had a chicken and sausage pasta with a creole red sauce. It was amazing. We had a great time chatting. We are really enjoying the family time we have got to spend with my uncle. This week we celebrated the 3 year anniversary of my aunt passing away. I feel like he is really doing well. I am proud of him. He is enjoying life, and doing so much for himself to stay active. What more could you ask for?!?!
Speaking of active news today that Nick's oldest brother Brandon, is coming to the BIG LBK at the end of June to compete in the Buffalo Lake Triathlon. Nick entered today as well. I am trying to decide if my Dad and I are going to enter the team one or individually. I know that I can do it alone, but then again I think it would be great to complete it Daddy/Daughter too for our first time. We will see. THE TRAINING BEGINS! WAHOO

Also my sweet new friend is coming to church with us in the morning, and I am super excited. She is amazing. We already feel like we have known each other for a long time. She showed up to the salon today, and brought me a Sonic Lemonade!  It was such a crazy day I hadn't eaten or anything so it was a pleasant treat. Her boyfriend is a seasoned triathlete, so I think he will be able to help us out. I think he is actually going to compete himself as well. We were joking today that we thought Will, Nick, and Brandon should swap the all spandex "traditional triathlon" outfit in for a matching thong... Hey they might win because they will definitely be distracting the other in the race!!! ;o) I won't do a picture for that one! hehe


3 comments:

The Ashdowns said...

Just wanted to say that I love your blog. I have a hard time writing a lot of things about my life and my day because my self-esteem tells me no one cares! So I just wanted to tell you how much I enjoy yours!

Lorraine said...

Thank you for commenting on my blog! I am so glad that you and Nick are in our ward.

Lorraine said...

How did you help build Legacy? We see the signs and names everywhere, and it is an amazing park.