Monday, August 31, 2009

My first homemade pie

Rhubarb pie has been my favorite for years. As a kid growing up I ate anything that was sour, so of course I loved that pie.


My grandmother has made it ever since I can remember...

I ordered some fresh rhubarb and some other fruit from this company from Oregon. It came in on Saturday.

We had my grandmother come over to teach me all her tricks. They turned out really tastey!!!

I made one with Splenda so it was sugar free, and did a crumble crust. Then the other was good old fashion HEAVEN!

They are already gone...

Less than 24 hours! At least one was guiltless! (We did share with family last night)

It was a great way to spend a Sunday afternoon.

1 comments:

The Ashdowns said...

Great job on the pies! They look delicious. Vic absolutely loves pies and wishes I would make them but I don't know how. I didn't grow up eating pie so I don't quite understand it, haha. Trust me, my pies would NOT look like yours!